At 17 acres, Magazine Beach is Cambridge’s second-largest park. It is centrally located along the Charles River, between the B.U. Bridge and Pleasant Street. On its grounds, it houses two structures of historic and cultural significance: an 1818 Powder Magazine, the oldest building on the Charles River Basin; and the 1912 boathouse of the Riverside Boat Club, the last remaining working mans’ club on the river. Magazine Beach also houses a free, outdoor, Olympic-sized swimming pool. As a green space, the park is home to playing fields, shade trees, and natural habitats.